Sunday, January 16, 2011

My First Spinning Class Part 1

First, some great Weight Watchers news.  I lost friggen 5.6 pounds in my first week!!!!!!  And I stepped on the scale at least three times to make sure it wasn't playing a mind trick on me.  Color me motivated to keep going.  I know it's likely because I have a long ways to go and the first few pounds just sort of melt off once you stop eating crap (or in my case drinking lots of wine AND eating crap) but I'm still pretty excited.

Anyway, at the gym last night I got a copy of the workout schedules.  Unfortunately there's not much in the way of classes on the weekends.  This prompted me to ask Jess if I could be a Stay at Home Wife in order to lose weight.  The answer, sadly, no.  But they did have three spinning classes - one at 8:10, 9:10 and 10:10.  To me, an intelligent person, it looked like the class at 10:10 (the only one we have a realistic chance of waking up on a Sunday to attend) was only twenty minutes, not fifty minutes like the others.  I have credible evidence to back up this assumption.  The earlier classes all stated "50 minutes" under the class title, whereas the 10:10 class did not.  Most importantly, the box was only shaded to 10:30 in the weekly schedule grid.

Thus, I suggested to Jess we head to the gym today and try spinning.  He loves loves to bike and I figured I could do just about anything for twenty minutes, right?  Oh, how I would learn...

No comments:

Post a Comment