Friday, January 14, 2011

Accidental Mediterranean Bento


I decided I wanted to try my hand at making falafel.  My brother is serving in Iraq and has been eating falafel almost exclusively for months and has developed a taste for it.  The joke is that, at first, he thought he was eating some sort of mashed up chicken - ha!  My brother, the accidental vegetarian.  Despite what you may have heard, burgers and Pizza Hut are hard to come by in the desert - especially where he's serving.

So I set my sights on google and came up with this recipe.  I took the advice of some of the comments and used 2 eggs so that my mix would stick together.  Note that you probably only need one egg though since I had to add flour at the end to make it less wet.  They came out good but I'm still going to try a few more recipes - perhaps ones that aren't fried in oil.

After adding the hummus I had on hand, carrots and the Greek yogurt I'm on a kick of, I realized I had inadvertently composed my bento of Mediterranean foods.

Here's how I did with my Weight Watchers points, only to completely sabotage my day later on at a party:

- 1/2 cup Hummus with baby carrots = 7 WW Plus Points (the carrots were 0)
- Apple = 0 WW Plus points
- Greek Yogurt (about a cup) = 2 WW Plus Points
- 3 Falafel Patties (this is the closest thing WW had so I went with it) =  WW Plus Points

Total = 12 Points

1 comment:

  1. amazing piece of work :) keep up the good work :)

    http://www.leathercreationsfurniture.com/ visit the site and get latest design of furniture :)

    ReplyDelete