Monday, January 17, 2011

Eating for One at Home on a Diet

I love having the day off.  That, plus Jess being out of town until Thursday means I can catch up on some "me" time.  This includes eating of course.

For breakfast I had this Slow Cooker oatmeal from Weight Watchers, except I subbed raisins for cranberries, skipped the almonds and threw in some brown sugar.  Most importantly, and why there are no pictures, is that I used rolled oats instead of steel oats.  I now know, from googling a zillion slow cooker oatmeal recipes, that steel oats are a must, though my oatmeal still tastes good.  It looks like a congealed brown blob, but it's pretty filling.

I boiled some eggs last night so that I could experiment with this Egg Salad with Curry recipe.  Yum.  A nice twist on an old favorite.

The recipe is only for one egg which I found like a waste of time so I made it for six eggs.  It did screw up my math skills a bit. I probably added too much curry and could have used a little less celery but it still turned out pretty great.  I threw in some paprika because everything needs paprika.    I served myself a side of clementine slices.


Now for my late afternoon snack I am having a deliciously ranch dip adapted from Ginny's Skinny Recipes.  I mixed together 2 tablespoons of light mayonnaise, 2 tablespoons of Greek yogurt, onion powder, parsley, dill, and some minced onion and came up with a fabulous one point snack.  Thanks Ginny and her commenters for the improvements.  It made for a great way to eat a lot of zero point baby carrots that I love. 

Tonight I'm looking forward to leftover turkey chili that I made in the slow cooker last night.  Yum.

Weight Watchers Info:

Oatmeal = 9 points (1.5 cups)
Egg salad sandwich = 12 points? (really Weight Watchers?  I used low fat mayo and whole wheat bread?)
Clementines = 0 points
Skinny Ranch Dip = 1 point per serving (half the recipe)
Carrots = 0 points

No comments:

Post a Comment